Searching...

Neetu Chandra denies cricket match fixing allegations!

For the first time, B-town actress Neetu Chandra has come on record denying allegations of being involved in cricket match-fixing. "I have not seen a single cricket match throughout my life. I am a thorough basketball player and not a cricketer," she said on Thursday.

Chandra is in Goa to compere the concluding ceremony of the 10-day long International Film Festival of India (IFFI) 2010. She also rubbished allegations that stated she spoke to Pakistani player Mohammad Asif, who himself is entangled in the match-fixing.

neetu chandra

"There is no base for whatever is being talked about me. There are several people who know me and they call me. How do I know where my fans are based and with whom they are linked?" said the Bollywood sensation who had a stint in movies like GARAM MASALA and TRAFFIC SIGNAL.

The possibility of her involvement in match fixing went into speculations when Interpol and Scotland Yard handed over the mobile details of Mohd Asif to Pakistan Cricket Board for investigations.

The documents were prepared on the basis of Pakistani actress Veena Malik's information.

"It was just a 90- second call from overseas which has been blown out of proportion...I get 10 calls a day from so many people," she defended.

The much-touted match fixing involving Pakistani cricketers hit headlines of all international dailies after British tabloid reporters did an undercover by posing as members of a gambling cartel.

This exposed the deliberate underperformance by Pakistani players in the test match against England at Lord's in August 2010.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!