Searching...

Vidya Balan promotes Airtel Kolkata Marathon

‘Paa’ and ‘Ishqiya’ have given a new push to Vidya Balan’s career and a perfect answer to the critics who dubbed her as boring and not sexy. Talking about her new found success, Vidya said, “It feels good as I can sense a certain vindication in my father’s eyes. When I was being written about in not so polite terms, there were times when I lost heart and he would tell me ‘things will change’. ‘No one can take your performance away from you and no one can give you a performance. So if that is yours, just hold on to it and that will take you places’. These words of my family gave me strength when I was a little shaky.”

vidya-Airtel-Kolkata-Marathon

Vidya was in Kolkata this Saturday to promote Airtel Kolkata Marathon where she will be flagging off the groups for the Airtel Kolkata Marathon 2010 with Deepak Srivastava, CEO, Bharti Airtel Limited from Red Road (Opposite West Bengal Basket Ball Courts) starting 7 am onwards today on Sunday. Bangla Band will perform at the venue, while Tollywood celebrities Rituparna Sengupta, Locket Chatterjee, Arindam Sil and Sabyasachi Chakraborty will add to the glitz.

Vidya’s next promising venture will be ‘No One Killed Jessica’ about which she says, “I could do a mad comedy as long as my role is substantial. But don’t make it floozy. A lot of women’s roles in Hindi cinema are very apologetic, but I am glad to be representing the changing face of Indian women since I have always portrayed strong female characters.”

All we can say is ‘All the Best, Girl!!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Back to top!